Take care of minor nicks and scratches with a touch-up paint pen matched to your Hyundai’s original color specification. Please use the image to locate your vehicles color code. It will be a 2 or 3 digits number. If you have any questions, please Contact Us and we will help you locate this number.
Applying touch-up paint is not that hard to do, but there are a few rules to follow:
- Make sure the stone chip surface is clean and dry. Remove all residues (was, rust, dirt, or other)
- Before each application, shake well until ball moves freely inside. Then remove air from pen: pointing it upwards, push tip down using cap.
- On a piece of cardboard, tap the tip lightly and repeatedly until paint flows out. Remove excess paint by applying to cardboard
- Lightly dab a small quantity of color to cover the bottom of the scratch or chipped area. DO NOT DRAG TIP OF PEN ACROSS AREA. More than one application might be necessary to cover the area. Wait 15 to 20 minutes between each application.
- Wait 1 to 2 hour before using the clearcoat side of the paint pen. then repeat steps 2 and 3 to prepare the tip.
- Care fully apply the clearcoat, in a dabbing motion, on the scratch or chipped area, WITHOUT DRAGGIN TIP OF PEN ACROSS THE AREA. Avoid scratching the touched up surface while applying the clearcoat. With pearlized colors, additional applications of clear coat might be required to achieve exact match.
- When touch up is completed, wipe tips clean and replace caps.
- If one of the tips dries up or seems blocked, remove from pen and dip in thinner, then put it back in the pen
- The high precision paint pen has a 2-year limited warranty.
- The paint contained in this pen is not a rust inhibitor. If metal is exposed, an attempt to remove the rust (if there is some) should be made BEFORE applying the touch up paint
Fits Model: Hyundai Collection!
Fits Model Year(s): 2010 - Current